Monday, April 12, 2010

I did it!

Totally went to the gym after class today. And I've been pretty good about calories too. I've only consumed 1500 so far (I already ate dinner), and this week I'm doing 1800 calorie days. I even managed to resist the temptation to eat a slice of cake for dessert. Instead, I just cut one bite with my fork. Sometimes I think the hard part about not eating all the cakes my roommate bakes is that I know they taste really good. It isn't that I'm hungry for them or want to eat a whole slice, I just want to taste it. So I did!

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, that's what all the diet books say to do. I don't know that that will ever be an option for me. White flour & white sugar are pretty much the equivalent of crack for me, and I have (finally) realized that I have to avoid them just like a crack addict avoids crack or an alcoholic avoids alcohol. But yay for you, that's awesome discipline. =DD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I have to say the one forkful has never worked for me. It turns into two, then three, then sitting with the cake in front of the fridge with a fork, diving my way in. I might be getting better lately though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG thank God I don't have sugar cravings ... It's more about the bread for me. It's awesome if you are able to taste I'm not able to taste bread. Yay for the gym... Good luck tomorrow Potamy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, Dolly, I have the same problem with bread. I think it's cause I still view it as a "normal" part of a meal, so it shouldn't be a problem to eat. This is talking, of course, about good bread. Not white bread.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank God white bread tastes horrible to me gosh that would just be horrible if that wasn't the case.

    ReplyDelete