Monday, April 12, 2010

We're all having good days today!

I did it! Pulled the trigger on LA Fitness!

And I swam today, and it completely wore me out. This has to be the first time I've exercised in... certainly over a year. I was surprised at how fast my heart rate shot up. Then I sauna'ed because why not.

I felt AMAZING afterward. I know about the endorphins and all, I think I was just surprised by them, and how quick and noticeable they were. It has been a LOOOOONG time.

Tomorrow the elliptical, and I'm contemplating doing a class of some sort. Yoga or spin or zumba maybe.

Pretty awesome day on eating as well. I ate what felt like a lot, but it was all pretty good stuff, and I did really well calorie wise. Getting the calories from good places, getting them often, not overdoing it. I also overcame a massive cookies and cream craving. Three months ago, that would never have happened.




Something must be in the water today. We all seem to be having a good time of it. I blame the hot womenz and gorgeous views. :-P

4 comments:

  1. That's just awesome. I'm so excited about swimming. I'm hoping I have enough time in between jobs to sign up for the gum. Would deffinately rather be swimming. I'm so excited that you felt so heat about working out. I'm sure that was the begginin of more great feeling to come. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, maybe I should join, too. I need to go somewhere... the Y has bad memories (and creepy leering old men) and VCC has J memories... maybe if I were actually paying for a gym out of my own pocket, I'd be more motivated to go.

    Or I could just get my ass outside running again. I've never been under the illusion that exercise is something I should enjoy. It is just something that Gets Done. Hmm.

    Post re: Women, Food, and God coming later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo zumba! One of my roommates is taking a zumba class at the rec center, and she loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaguar, if you want to do it, do it within the next three days, you're gonna get it ridiculously cheaper if you do. Tell me if you want to, we could be workout buddies.

    Zumba is way fun. That one kicks my ass, too, but it definitely gets the spirits up. I'm so out of shape.

    ReplyDelete